Osteopathy is a way of treating, and preventing, pain and health problems by moving stretching and massaging a persons muscles and joints, and creating balance within the body.
We use physical manipulation, alongside stretching and massage techniques to increase the mobility of joints, relieve muscle tension and spasms and enhance the blood supply to tissues. All of which helps the body to heal.
Osteopaths are commonly for treating back pain, and this is something osteopathy does work really well for, so general, acute and chronic back pain can all respond really well to osteopathic treatment. But we do also treat a variety of other things.
We can also help with
- Neck pain, particularly that associated with joint or muscle problems
- Shoulder pain, frozen shoulder,
- Elbow problems – tennis elbow or golfers elbow
- Hip and knee problems, those related to joint strain or arthritic changes
- Minor sports injuries
- All sorts of generalised aches and pains including muscle tension and spasms and joint sprains and strains
- Headaches, particularly those arising from tension and neck problems
- Pain associated with nerve irritation, neuralgia or sciatica
- We can also help with other more general health concerns such as circulatory problems and digestive problems, and the pain condition fibromyalgia
And one of the wonderfully reassuring things about osteopathy is that we are really well regulated, so similar to Drs we are governed by a regulatory body that makes us accountable for the healthcare we provide. So you can have confidence in us.
If you would like to discuss whether Osteopathic treatment is right for you contact Sorrel O’Malley Osteopaths Yarm for a free 10 minute chat about how we might help you.
Tel 07919163053 or visit the website www.so-osteopathsyarm.co.uk